Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Color palette resets to default upon losing focus

Status in “gnome-terminal” package in Ubuntu:

  gnome-terminal understands the control codes (CSI ] 4 ; … ST) for
  changing the color palette available to console applications. However,
  when the current tab loses focus (either because the gnome-terminal
  window loses focus, or because I switch to a different tab), any
  custom color palette installed by the console application I'm using
  are lost, and it resets to the palette set in the profile.

  Steps to reproduce:
  Profile settings: "Use colors from system theme" off, "Built-in schemes":
custom, any custom text and background color, any built-in color scheme. (I've
tested multiple settings for the actual colors; none have an effect on the bug
reproducibility. I haven't tested using colors from the system theme, or a
built-in scheme, but I suspect they also don't influence whether they bug can
be reproduced".

  Load up bash inside the terminal, using a prompt that does not set
  colors, and run the following command:

  printf '\x1b[91m'

  This sets the foreground color to 9 (light red); the subsequent text
  in the terminal turns light red (this is both observed and expected
  behaviour).

  Then run the following command:

  printf '\x1b]4;9;rgb:00/00/ff\x1b\\'

  This redefines color 9 to be bright blue. The subsequent text in the
  terminal turns bright blue (again, this is both observed and expected
  behaviour).

  Now, switch to a different tab, or a different application, then back
  to gnome-terminal. (If you switch to a different application that does
  not overlap gnome-terminal, you can see the color change happen
  onscreen.) I'm on a system (Unity) where keyboard focus always follows
  window focus, so I'm not sure if the trigger is losing keyboard focus
  or window focus; if you have a different window manager, you might
  want to test both separately.

  Expected behaviour: the bright blue text remains bright blue upon
  switching away from the window, and continues to remain bright blue
  when returning to the window. Text continues to be bright blue unless
  the foreground color or palette are changed again.

  Observed behaviour: the bright blue text becomes light red upon
  switching away from the window, and continues to remain light red upon
  returning to the window. Text continues to be light red unless the
  foreground color or palette are changed again. Changing palette
  entries other than 9 does not cause the text to become blue again; nor
  does changing the foreground color away from 9 and then back to 9.

  Package: gnome-terminal 3.6.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-34.55-generic 3.5.7.13
  Uname: Linux 3.5.0-34-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu11
  Architecture: i386