I somewhere read that this bug is closed. I cannot confirm this. I'm experiencing this really annoying issue since years. It looks like this bug will never be solved if people do not report it. So let's start again!
This reminds me of a Windows Explorer bug that was around about ten years ago - but in that case only the first file was appended at the bottom of the d'n'd target. Much less annoying... -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/661882 Title: Totem playlist does not keep order on addition of multiple files Status in Nautilus: Expired Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: Triaged Bug description: Binary package hint: totem Ubuntu 10.10, Totem 2.32.0. Steps to reproduce /on my machine/: 1. Open a folder with Nautilus with a dozen audio files, ordered by name. 2. Select all files. 3. Drag n drop them to Totem's Playlist. What should happen: Files are added to the playlist ordered by name. What happens instead: Files are added to the playlist not ordered by name. Please confirm whether you can reproduce it or not. If not, I'll analyze my case more thoroughly. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nautilus/+bug/661882/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

