> --- Comment #9 from Jeremy Huddleston <jerem...@freedesktop.org> 2011-10-03
> 00:31:49 PDT ---
> configure.ac needs a bit more work.  For example, if I pass --with-consolekit
> and I don't actually have it, configure should error out, but it just
> silently
> continues without consolekit.  Other than that, it looks good.  Mind updating
> the patch?  Feel free to email it to xorg-devel for review, or attach here
> and
> I'll review it again.  Bonus points if you use 'git format-patch' with a
> commit
> message that I can use rather than just 'git diff'

Hrm.  What about the comments from Loic?

Packages, which is subscribed to xinit in Ubuntu.

  ConsoleKit integration

Status in X Window System initializer:
  In Progress
Status in “consolekit” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “ume-config-common” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “xinit” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “xinit” package in Debian:

  Hi,

  xinit needs to gain ConsoleKit integration just like GDM has ConsoleKit
integration as more and more parts of the GNOME/FreeDesktop desktops are
relying on it to grant access to DBus services:
  /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf:  <policy at_console="true">
  /etc/dbus-1/system.d/newprinternotification.conf:       <policy
at_console="true">
  /etc/dbus-1/system.d/nm-applet.conf:    <policy at_console="true">
  /etc/dbus-1/system.d/hal.conf:  <policy at_console="true">
  /etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf:        <policy at_console="true">

  There are some upstream patches which don't seem to work in all cases.

  This is critical for UME as it launches the hildon-desktop via startx.

  Bye,