Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up here...

I gave a talk at GUADEC which presented an alternate password storage
model, where the secret service provides a master key to apps (like
firefox) via standard interfaces like the linux kernel keyring. Apps can
use this key to encrypt their own password storage database.

The above works well in the case of sandboxing. I think it also fits
really well within the firefox model. You don't have to worry about
things like async access for each password to another daemon.

I feel bad posting this here without more details, but over the next few
days I'm going to clean up my slides, and do some blog posts about this.

You can see a bit of history here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/authentication/2013-May/000267.html

  Integrate with Gnome Keyring

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “xulrunner-1.9” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “xulrunner-1.9.1” package in Ubuntu:

  For a really good Gnome integration, it would be great to have the
  ability to save passwords in the Gnome keyring.

  A similar thing has been proposed for Epiphany: see
  https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3467.