Public bug reported:
I recently purchased a Teracom T-U500 EVDO modem for use with BSNL
network.
However, on plugging in the modem does not get detected.
I have tried using both the default usb_modeswitch packages and also the latest
ones given on the modeswitch site.
I have also tried it on USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
I have also tried it on Ubuntu 12.10 x64, i386 and Ubuntu 13.04 x64.
In none of the cases could I get it to detect.
Surprisingly, the modem gets detected when these packages are installed
and also show up in the Network Manager.
Here is a file with dmesg and lsusb logs given.
** Affects: usb-modeswitch (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: modem
** Attachment added: "dmesg and lsusb log"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1210119/+attachment/3764886/+files/modem-log.txt
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to usb-modeswitch in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1210119
Title:
Teracom T-U500 EVDO modem ( 15eb:7153 ) does not get detected
Status in “usb-modeswitch” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I recently purchased a Teracom T-U500 EVDO modem for use with BSNL
network.
However, on plugging in the modem does not get detected.
I have tried using both the default usb_modeswitch packages and also the
latest ones given on the modeswitch site.
I have also tried it on USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
I have also tried it on Ubuntu 12.10 x64, i386 and Ubuntu 13.04 x64.
In none of the cases could I get it to detect.
Surprisingly, the modem gets detected when these packages are
installed and also show up in the Network Manager.
Here is a file with dmesg and lsusb logs given.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-modeswitch/+bug/1210119/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp