Created attachment 83667
Another example (from Impress)

With the attached file, selecting one or both pages and setting 'Range'
to 'Selection' in the PDF Export page generates the error. Exporting all
pages, or filling out the Pages field, does not seem to generate any
errors.

  [Upstream] Calc can't print, export to PDF, or print preview

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  1) lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.10

  2) apt-cache policy libreoffice-calc
  libreoffice-calc:
    Installed: 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu3
    Candidate: 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu3
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.6.2~rc2-0ubuntu3 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) What is expected to happen in Calc via a terminal:
  cd ~/Desktop && wget
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1066423/+attachment/3397788/+files/loprob.ods
 && localc --nologo loprob.ods

  Export to PDF, Print Preview, or print and it does so.

  4) What happens when you:

  + Export to PDF is one gets a pop up noting:
  LibreOffice 3.6
  Error saving the document loprob:
  Write Error.
  The file could not be written.

  + Page Preview it comes up with a blank gray background rather than a
  preview.

  Original Report Comments:
  + print Nothing was printed, but libreoffice displayed the string 'gtk
printer' on the xterm console from which it was invoked, and left a directory
and file '/tmp/luppt6wq.tmp/luppt6ws.tmp' behind. The .tmp file is an exact
copy of the .ods spreadsheet with which LO was invoked.
  The CUPS printer manager and logs in /var/log/cups do not show a job
corresponding to my attempt to print and I have no problem printing via other
apps such as Firefox. I do not believe this is a CUPS issue.

  I believe this behavior to have begun after my most recent package
  update which seems to have pulled in a new version of the libreoffice
  binary relative to the original Ubuntu 12.04 installation.

  The behavior is highly sensitive to the contents of the spreadsheet. I
  have attached the offending document and it repeatably demonstrates
  the print/page preview problem described. However, if the final sheet
  ("Sheet10") of the document is deleted, the problem goes away and
  print/page preview function properly once again.

  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:3.5.4-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-32.51-generic-pae 3.2.30
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu14
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat Oct 13 17:51:40 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)