I can confirm what Prasanna sees. When Chromium is launched maximized, typing
in the address bar makes the browser jump to the non-external screen.
No bug when Chromium is not maximized.

  Nautilus window jumping with dual monitors

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Not sure whether this is a Nautilus bug or window manager bug, but
  here goes ...

  A bug report has already been filed at askubuntu :
  http://askubuntu.com/questions/279641/nautilus-dual-monitor-issue

  I have a dual monitor setup (big desktop style where mouse goes from
  one screen to the other) in Precise 12.04.2 with my laptop on the left
  and external screen on the right. I have an ATI Radeon HD3635 card
  using fglrx drivers and I'm always using the Gnome Classic (No
  effects) environment.

  What happens:

  1. Open Nautilus program on ext screen and maximize it
  2. Double click on a random folder
  3. The Nautilus window jumps to the laptop screen

  What should happen:

  1. Open Nautilus program on ext screen and maximize it
  2. Double click on a random folder
  3. The Nautilus window should stay where it is. On the ext screen.

  When it doesn't happen:

  1. Open Nautilus program on ext screen and make sure it's not maximized
  2. Double click on random folder
  3. The Nautilus window stays on the ext screen

  I also have a startup script doing this:

  /usr/bin/xrandr --output CRT1 --right-of LVDS
  /usr/bin/xrandr --output CRT1 --primary

  Where CRT1 is the ext screen and LVDS is laptop screen.

  Any help is appreciated, even more because Precise stays supported until
2017. And it's an annoying bug. ;)
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.3
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state geometry '1438x813+1440+58'
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state sidebar-width 214
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state start-with-status-bar true
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  MarkForUpload: True
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Package: nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu8
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-48.74-generic-pae 3.2.46
  Tags:  precise
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-48-generic-pae i686
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo