I have experienced this kind of slowing down when opening Synaptic.
Opening Synaptic is delayed about 10 sec. It will open finally, however.
I traced the bug to the package at-spi2-core (libatspi2.0-0 version
2.9.90-0ubuntu1)
and possibly also to at-spi2-atk (libatk-bridge2.0-0 version 2.9.90-0ubuntu1).

After downgrading the packages back to the previous ones (versions
2.9.5-1ubuntu1 and 2.9.5-1) all is well and Synaptic opens immediately
without any delay.

I use the old d-bus (version 1.6.12-0ubuntu2) for the time being.
I haven't tried the latest version 1.6.12-0ubuntu5 depending on libapparmor1
yet.

I have a 64-bit setup with only Gnome-Shell DE.

Packages, which is subscribed to at-spi2-core in Ubuntu.

  Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
  org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.

Status in “at-spi2-core” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “dbus” package in Ubuntu:

  Stock Saucy + gnome3-team ppa

  Package: gedit 3.8.3-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-4.9-generic 3.11.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-4-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.12.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386