The bug is expired, but the problem is still existing in all current
releases. This bug is not incomplete. You could consider it being a
feature-request, but it is just a must-hav-feature for any VoIP-client
and so VoIP-integration is absolutely useless without that function.
There is no way to choose which audio-device shall be used for any VoIP-
communication in Empathy.

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  You can not select audio hardware in Empathy for sip/ekiga calls

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: empathy

  I have a usb handset attached to my keyboard and I can't select to use
  it as there is no interface to do this.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04