** Attachment added: "PDF used as source for the cupsfilter output"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups-filters/+bug/1219405/+attachment/3797587/+files/sweave.pdf

Packages, which is subscribed to cups-filters in Ubuntu.

  PS files generated by poppler&ghostscript do not print

Status in “cups-filters” package in Ubuntu:

  Recently I have run into issues printing to my Minolta-QMS PagePro
  1250E black&white laser printer, supposed to support PostScript Level
  2 (emulation).

  The printer has started to print ASCII text, apparently PS source code
  in a staircase pattern on several sheets (before I abort). This is the
  case for all kinds of output/sources.

  I use the attached PPD for the printer, which is working fine on Mac
  OS X and on Windows and had been working OK a few months ago on linux.
  After running into issues I have also used the PPD in the default
  repository, which does also not work.

  I have tried ghostscript as filter as well as poppler. I have attached
  PS output generated with cupsfilter for poppler 0.24.1, ghostscript
  9.09 and Mac OS X (cups 1.63 on linux, cups 1.6.2 on Mac OS X).

  When sending the generated files to the printer with netcat the Mac OS
  X one prints just fine, whereas the files generated with poppler and
  ghostscript do print the staircased ASCII output mentioned before. I
  cannot pinpoint after what changes/updates in cups/poppler/ghostscript
  linux printing started to fail, but it appears to have been caused by
  some changes in the past two months.