Sorry, I got into this page after googling for "orca bugs". Didn't
notice I landed at Ubuntu. Please delete this report as I don't run
Ubuntu.

** Changed in: gnome-orca (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-orca in Ubuntu.

  orca hangs frequently, for example on its own preferences

Status in “gnome-orca” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I can't get orca to work reliably. I am reproducing a hanging issue on
  orca preferences.

  1. Start orca
  2. Switch to accessible app, press Insert+Space to enter the preferences
  3. Switch off mouse tracking to make things easier
  4. Go to "Key bindings" tab
  5. Click the first action in the table: it's being spoken, one may stop it
with Ctrl, so far so good.
  6. Try moving by one item at a time using keyboard (arrow down) - still ok
  7. Try moving rapidly. Things stop working well and finally orca seems to be
totally hanged.

  What worries me before hanging is the behaviour when I try to move by
  2 entries. Both entries are spoken completely without ability to stop
  it. I would expect that the second key down stops speaking and moves
  immediately to the next item.

  Both issues are not 100% reproducable, but at most several attempts
  are enough.

  I thought I'd take part in orca development, but at the moment I'm
  stuck, because I can't get it to work at all. Maybe you can help me.
  Point me what to check, say what's the expected behaviour, test if my
  problem is reproducable on your machines.

  Orca version: many tried, most attempts made on git checkout from
  2013-08-31.

  Operating system: Debian jessie (unstable). Window manager: openbox.