Thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved.

Packages being removed during an upgrade is unfortunately an occasional
problem with pre-release versions of Ubuntu.  It's better to report this
as a bug just in case it's more sinister than a mid-transition update
problem.

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  unity lens doesnt show anything, and it seems that there is a .service
  config file missing from  dbus-1 folder

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 13.10, completly updated

  i´ve been like a week withouth being able to use the dash for open
  applications, yes, i´ve doing that fom the console all this time,
  learning the bin programs names from share/applications folder, and is
  pretty fancy get more in touch with that, but, i want to be able of
  use the dash some time (i didnt did anything until now because i
  believed it was going to be fixed with an update(aniway i dont remeber
  if an update caused this)) :

  details:
  when i open de unity dash, its completly empty, no lens, no files, nothing,
just the message "nothing matches your search"

  so:
  i executed: unity --replace , to see console output when i open the dash

  there is this error message:

  WARN  2013-08-31 01:57:37 unity.libunity-protocol-private <unknown>:0
  unity-scope-proxy-remote.vala:399: Unable to set_active
  (/com/canonical/unity/home):
  GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
  com.canonical.Unity.Scope.Home was not provided by any .service files

  then i tried to create my own .service file for the
  /usr/share/dbus-1/services folder, seeing how they wehere defined, and
  the structure of the /usr/share/unity/scopes too. I didnt found
  anything useful in the man doc for unity-scope-loader. And my pretty
  .service file was creating system errors.

  so i end up clueles...
  i logged out, and open a vitual console in f1
  i purgen unity-services and other packages, and reinstalled them

  everything is the same

  i dont what to understand the complet way unity works internally, and
  i dont whant to purge all unity or ubuntu, so im asking here, and i
  hope my mecanically cold and desperate sorrows are heard :|