2 already exists somewhat, but it's called Chromeless windows. I expect
it wouldn't be 'too' hard to implement in (downstream) Firefox but yeah,
this is why they were suggesting a switch to Chromium. There are many
reasons why they wouldn't for Saucy (although the debate continues for
T-series) but it seems (in a poll on OMG! Ubuntu!), more people want
Firefox, so the devs would need to do a fair bit of work to fix your
point without changing the default browser and upsetting a fair few
people...

(Main argument against Chromium IMO is that it isn't Chrome (no Pepper
(updated) Flash for example) and so would confuse end-users and we can't
use Chrome by default because it isn't open-source)

Packages, which is subscribed to libunity-webapps in Ubuntu.

  Make Ubuntu webapps behaviour and look more close to standalone
  applications

Status in Common Data Shared by WebApps:
  Invalid
Status in “libunity-webapps” package in Ubuntu:

  I use some Ubuntu web applications. Yes, this is really nice idea, but
  one thing makes me sad.

  All web applications look like a one more openned browser's window,
  and not as standalone application.

  To fix It I propose to give an answers for these questions:

  1. It it possible to open web application in separate browser window
  which will not be connected to regular browser session? For now if I
  open for example GMail web app then I see two icons in Alt+Tab:
  Firefox and GMail.

  2. Is it possible to open web application in separate browser window
  and hide: address bar, tabs bar, main browser menu, etc?

  3. Is it possible to open urls in main browser session window and not
  in a tab near web application. For example: I receive new mail with
  some link inside, I click on that link and new tab appears in the same
  window. But still in Alt+Tab I see it as GMail... So summarizing it:
  is it possible to set tabs limit to 1 for every web application
  browser window?

  I'm running:
  Ubuntu 12.11
  Firefox: 17.0.1
  unity-webapps-common: 2.4.10-0ubuntu1
  unity-webapps-gmail: 2.4.7
  unity-webapps-service: 2.4.1-0ubuntu3.2

  Of course this are rather new feature requests than defects.