After upgrading (fresh install) Lubuntu to 13.04, macchanger will not change
the mac address for wlan0 on boot (eth0 works).
Adding the lines:
pre-up macchanger -e eth0
pre-up macchanger -e wlan0

to /etc/network/interfaces will hang boot times waiting for the network
on 13.04. 12.04 will load fine with MACs changed.

macchanger changes eth0 fine, and trying wlan0 in terminal reports
device or resource busy.

Using this startup script in 13.04 works for eth0 but not wlan0:
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
/usr/bin/macchanger -e wlan0
ifconfig wlan0 up

I am filing this under lubuntu-desktop because I'm not sure if this is
an issue with Lubuntu or network-manager, as I do not know how I can
test this.

I have tried running software update, and the issue still persists.

Package: lubuntu-desktop 0.48