This is a very annoying bug and did not happen before this summer (I
cannot definitely say when that started to occur). And this is
reproducable on completely different machine.

What does it need now to proceed here?

The somehow maybe related Bug #1026426 (that's another one, not what
Matthew mentioned) did not solve the problem for me (12.04 64-bit bamf
0.2.126) - and still there after upgrading LibreOffice to version
4.1.1.2, Build ID: 410m0(Build:2) right now.

My older laptop (32-bit) with older LibreOffice but same BAMF works
fine.

  Duplicate Launcher icon after opening a Writer document

Status in “bamf” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  Sometimes when I open a file in LibreOffice 3.6 in Ubuntu 12.10, an
  error occurs that is an icon of LibreOffice normal and the other just
  below where the controls and indications appear.

  Attached image showing the error.