I believe https://code.launchpad.net/~charlesk/indicator-
datetime/lp-1204532/+merge/184155 will also affect this ticket.

That patch instantiates the relevant EDS sources & clients once and
keeps references to them, instead of churning through a high volume of
them on-demand.

I've run the lp-1204532 branch under valgrind for ~18 hours and don't
see any significant leakage.

** Also affects: indicator-datetime

** Changed in: indicator-datetime

** Changed in: indicator-datetime
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Charles Kerr (charlesk)

** Changed in: indicator-datetime

** Branch linked: lp:~charlesk/indicator-datetime/lp-1204532

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in Ubuntu.

  evolution-calendar-factory severely leaking memory

Status in The Date and Time Indicator:
  In Progress
Status in “evolution-data-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:

  On Ubuntu 13.10 running Unity, the processes unity-panel-service,
  evolution-calendar-factory, and indicator-datetime-service are leaking
  memory simultaneously. The leak appears to happen randomly. Over a 24
  hour period, the three processes combined take up 1 GB or more of RAM.
  Killing and reinstating all three returns them to normal memory usage
  cleanly until the leak happens again.

  I'm running Evolution with the accounts configured locally (not with
  Ubuntu Online Accounts). I have two Google Calendar accounts
  configured. I'm not sure how to track down the cause of this bug
  because nothing is in any system logs and it appears I can't start
  evolution-calendar-factory from the terminal.

  Package: evolution-data-server 3.8.4-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.12-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64