https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log pactl list ** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu) Status: Confirmed => Incomplete -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787493 Title: The microphone is muted by default Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: Binary package hint: pulseaudio After I power on my laptop and log in to the (classic) Gnome desktop, my microphone is muted by default. I have to manually unmute it every time upon login. I'm actually not that sure that it's a pulseaudio issue but it's my best bet. laci@nitehawk:~$ lsb_release -rd Description: Ubuntu 11.04 Release: 11.04 laci@nitehawk:~$ apt-cache policy pulseaudio pulseaudio: Installed: 1:0.9.22+stable-queue-24-g67d18-0ubuntu3.1 Candidate: 1:0.9.22+stable-queue-24-g67d18-0ubuntu3.1 Version table: *** 1:0.9.22+stable-queue-24-g67d18-0ubuntu3.1 0 500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates/main amd64 Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 1:0.9.22+stable-queue-24-g67d18-0ubuntu3 0 500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main amd64 Packages To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/787493/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

