I'm closing this bug for the following reasons:
1) A massive renovation of feeds in Tb was concluded with the release of Tb17.
The codebase is not the same as when the dupe bugs were rampant. (Neither is
usage, to be sure.)
2) There hasn't been a dupe report since Tb17.

This is not to say there can't be a true incorrect dupe.  But it would
need its own testcase/example.  The most likely cause of a true dupe is
a publisher reinserting a same item after removing it and Tb's dupe
cache expiring (24hrs).

There are more likely to be apparent dupes, which are not true dupes,
due to publisher reasons than due to an issue in Tb.  For example, the
current file in this feed contains identical items differing only by
guid -
http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=204474822902925&format=rss20.
Etc.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  RSS Feeds from ebay

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Expired
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  not sure if this is a problem in Thunderbird, ebay's rss feeds or my
  expectations.  If you have some information as to what it is, please
  let me know.  I am on hardy.

  I'd like to use Thunderbird's RSS capabilities to watch for some
  auctions on ebay.  I have several issues with it.  First of all, take
  a search as http://tinyurl.com/5udae8 as an example, the corresponding
  RSS feed is http://tinyurl.com/47cazt.  The search is limited to
  auctions ending in the next 24 hours, but the feeds shows all the
  auctions.  The second problem is that all items in that search (IOW,
  the RSS feeds entries) reappear every day.  So, if I read through the
  list (which in this case I have kept deliberately short) on Monday
  almost all items will reappear on "my radar" again on Tuesday.