Changing to network-manager, as it might be a nm-dnsmasq configuration
issue (strict-order) (to be confirmed...)

** Package changed: dnsmasq (Ubuntu) => network-manager (Ubuntu)

  dnsmasq sometimes lose primary dns (saucy)

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Since I upgraded to Saucy, my local dnsmasq instance seems to lose its
primary dns server and fallback to secondary dns.
  Since the primary dns is a dnsmasq instance that knows of local servers, and
the secondary one is external, my local dnsmasq instance fails to resolv local
server names.

  This does not happen on startup, it happens after some time. Restarting
solves the issue.
  It does not happen on Raring...

  not sure where to look for to resolve this issue...

  Package: dnsmasq (not installed)