Tried to print a JPG image to both of the printers several times at about the same time. The DYMO printer spitted the labels pretty fast without a problem, while the OKI still showing processing for more than 15 minutes...
The OKI's job become more than 13MBytes of data (don't know if it's small or big, the PDF file job was about 1M). The log constantly shows 6 pairs of the following printouts per second: Read 8192 bytes of print data... Wrote 8192 bytes of print data... Will try to upload the log later in case there will be some progress. The OKI printer was in "not connected" state when I first printed, so I did the disable/enable sequence again and since then it's in processing state... -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1231630 Title: Prints to DYMO LabelWriter 450 are cut by prints to OKI printer Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: I have 2 printers attached to my work station: DYMO LabelWriter 450 for printing labels and OKI B410d for printing invoices. My business environment sends 2 jobs at about the same time, one to print a label and one to print the invoice. After moving to 13.04 sometimes I see that labels printing is stopped in the middle (only half of the label gets out of the printer), the DYMO's print queue shows that the job is "Held" for some reason. When I manually resume the held job the label is printed again on the second half of the label and first half of the next label, thus wasting 2 label pages in that case. It's hard to reproduce, but it happens pretty frequently when printing to both of the printers. There is another symptom that I think is related to the same issue: Rarely the prints are not coming out at all and than I can see in print queues that jobs sizes are with smaller sizes than I can generally see there. That happens for both of the printers from time to time, probably current printing job is cut by the new one. Couldn't reproduce the problem when printing only to 1 printer at a time and waiting for all the jobs to come out before printing to the other. There was no problem on 11.10 to print to both of the printers at the same time. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/1231630/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

