This was added in at least LO 4.1.   I'm going to close this as fixed
released, as this won't be backported..

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: df-libreoffice

** Changed in: openoffice

** Changed in: openoffice
 Remote watch: OpenOffice.org Issue Tracker #74835 => None

** Changed in: openoffice

  [upstream] "save a copy" feature in openoffice would be nice

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Invalid
Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Invalid
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  It would be quite useful to have a "save a copy" feature in openoffice
  a bit like the one in photoshop. Most people who use openoffice are
  presumably working on opendocument documents. However they are quite
  likely to need to convert them to MS office format when they want to
  share them with others. At the moment this means using "save as" to
  create the word/excel/powerpoint document and then having to reopen
  the original document if you want to continue working on it.

  An example of how annoying this can be would be writing CVs. In my
  case I use one version of a CV as a template for creating the next
  one. I also keep returning to these various CVs to update them. Each
  time I create or update a CV I create a copy in MS Word format because
  employment agencies and others often like that. As well as being time
  consuming, this can get confusing as you switch back and forth between
  a number of files. Just being able to export a copy would be a lot
  easier.