Incomplete. No idea what the status of this one is now.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Unity doesn't start on ATI test machine (Mir fails to respond to
  drm_auth_magic request)

Status in Mir:
  Incomplete
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Sometimes when running on the i386 ATI jenkins box, XMir hangs when
  Compiz is started.

  When it's hung, it's blocked in DRI2Authenticate, in mir_wait_for on
  the results of mir_drm_auth_magic.

  Applying http://paste.ubuntu.com/5983202/ to Mir to debug this, we
  get:

  Client output - http://paste.ubuntu.com/5981035/
  Server output - http://paste.ubuntu.com/5981019/

  So it appears that the second drm_auth_magic request is written to the
  socket but Mir never responds to it.

  I have no idea why, though. When I attached gdb to unity-system-
  compositor in the hung case there didn't seem to be any deadlocked
  thread or the like; everything seemed to be waiting on input.

  ==== Original report ====

  The log files are deceptive - the error comes from the failsafe X
  session which is started for some reason.

  LightDM, unity-system-compositor, and XMir all come up fine and have
  no unexpected log output.

  gnome-session.log, however, has
  """
  I/O error : Bad file descriptor
  /usr/share/compiz/place.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

  ^
  /usr/share/compiz/place.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not
found

  ^
  I/O error : Bad file descriptor
  compizconfig - Info: Backend     : gsettings
  compizconfig - Info: Integration : true
  compizconfig - Info: Profile     : unity
  compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: composite
  compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: composite
  compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: opengl

  (polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:10828): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **:
Unable to determine the session we are in: No session for pid 10828
  compiz (core) - Info: Unity is fully supported by your hardware.
  compiz (core) - Info: Unity is not supported by your hardware. Enabling
software rendering instead (slow).
  compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: opengl
  """