My Mac would not print to my wireless HP colour printer via my Ubuntu
Linux box.  (I have it set up this way because Mac cannot print directly
to HP wireless.)  Linux box to wireless HP printer worked fine so I just
send via Linux box.

BUT Jobs were not coming out from Mac because Mac said that on linux
machine /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp had failed.

So I just commented out the above line and saved cupsd.conf and as soon
as I hit save the Mac's test print page came out!

So it is not harmless I would say.

Hope that helps someone.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1088448

Title:
  Unknown directive SystemGroup

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, /var/log/cups/error_log shows:

  E [10/Dec/2012:11:28:56 +0000] Unknown directive SystemGroup on line
  16 of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

  The file contains:

  # Administrator user group...
  SystemGroup lpadmin

  I can find no reference to "SystemGroup" in man 5 cupsd.conf.

  $ apt-cache policy cups
  cups:
    Installed: 1.5.3-0ubuntu5.1
    Candidate: 1.5.3-0ubuntu5.1
    Version table:
   *** 1.5.3-0ubuntu5.1 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main amd64 
Packages
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-security/main amd64 
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.5.2-9ubuntu1 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/1088448/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to