My guess it that it's something in 4-chromeless-window-launch-option
that is causing the crash, since we're messing with extensions there.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium crashes when using certain extensions

Status in “chromium-browser” package in Ubuntu:

  When using certain extensions starting with Chromium 29, Chromium
  crashes and gives the following error (or something similar):

  44:44:1006/011329:FATAL:console.cc(62)] Check failed: false. (CONTENT_SCRIPT
context for cellaaeoekimmemgdheibaibbaoeefbl) extensions::lastError:46:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object{TypeError:
Cannot convert undefined or null to object
      at Object.clear (extensions::lastError:46:24)
      at extensions::sendRequest:80:64
      at Array.forEach (native)
      at Function.target.(anonymous function) (extensions::SafeBuiltins:19:14)
      at handleResponse (extensions::sendRequest:80:12)}

  I've tried using Google Chrome Dev Channel and Google Chrome Beta with
  the same extensions, but those are error-free.