Can anyone else post extensions that broke in Chromium 29? I think I
know where the bug lies (somewhat), but I need to confirm this.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  chrome.extension not available when called from extension scripts in
  Chromium but works on Chrome

Status in “chromium-browser” package in Ubuntu:

  When I updated to 13.10 and Chromium 29.0.1547.65-0ubuntu2, a few
  extensions stopped working properly. The easiest to reproduce is
  Reddit Enhancement Suite 4.3.0.1, it immediately fails on loading the
  extension with this error:

  chrome.extension is not available: 'extension' is not allowed for
  specified context type content script,  extension page, web page,
  etc.). [VM] binding (22):427

  Following from anywhere that called chrome.extension.sendMessage or
  chrome.extension.onMessage in the extension. Chromium's own bug
  tracker says this usage is deprecated (replaced by chrome.runtime
  namespace which does work) but testing against Chrome 29.0.1547.76 on
  the stable channel, the older namespace works correctly with the
  extensions.

  chromium-browser:
    Installed: 29.0.1547.65-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 29.0.1547.65-0ubuntu2