Thanks for the solution!

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  can not select language-selector-common and language-selector-gnome in
  Update Manager

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I tried to update the system (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "precise") with the
  Update Manager.  It shows 2 _important security updates_ for language-
  selector-common (0.79.4) and language-selector-gnome (0.79.4), but
  they can't be selected.  They should be, as any package in Update
  Manager and as I had done a lot of times.

  I check in Synaptic and found the two packages marked with an ! symbol
  in gray; I don't know what it means.  The installed version is 0.79,
  for both packages.  I mark them for update, and Synaptic asks to mark
  for delete language-selector-gnome, ubuntu-desktop and ubuntu-
  standard.  I don't know if I should delete them or do something
  different.

  -  If I try to update language-selector-gnome first, it asks to delete
  ubuntu-desktop.

  -  If I try to apply the changes, Synaptics shows a message saying
  that it can not update because it has language-selector-commons as an
  unsolvable dependency (it needs language-selector-common 0.79.4).

  What should I do?  Leave it without updating?  If update, which would
  be the correct order in the process? ("first delete this package, then
  update the other, then reinstall a third" or something like that).  Is
  the bug in Update Manager, instead?

  Thanks in advance.