NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Date: Sun Oct 13 15:26:42 2013
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Beta amd64 (20131013)
MarkForUpload: True
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=linux
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-319

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers-319 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug saucy

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-319 in Ubuntu.

  Hang or crash after installing nvidia-319 (amd64 only)

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-319” package in Ubuntu:

  A fresh install of Saucy/amd64 from either the final beta or today's
  daily build fails to boot after installing the proprietary nvidia
  driver. A parallel install of the same daily build, only x86, is not
  affected.

  My graphics card (Zotac GT430 (GF108 chip)) is apparently not
  supported by nouveau, and not recognized as such, so I must add
  nomodeset in order to boot the live cd and install. In both cases the
  proprietary driver was installed from System Settings / Software &
  Updates / Additional Drivers after the first boot. I then removed
  "nomodeset" from /etc/default/grub, did update-grub -u -k all and
  rebooted.

  Package: nvidia-319 319.32-0ubuntu7