Public bug reported:

After upgrading to 13.10,  click and drag acts very badly. This is one of many
issues.
When I click a file /a folder to move then move over to a(any) folder, a folder
opens up, even though I still holding down left button.
It is very annoying when a folder was on the way to get to the right folder.

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  folder opens when I place mouse without clicking or releasing button.
  13.10

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu: