Thank you for your bug report.

How do you add the bookmark (keybinding, menu, other ui...)?

Is  ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks updated when you add it (do you have
write access to this file)?

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Nautilus bookmarks fail

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  I recently completed a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10 (AMD64) and
  updated all of the software (as of Oct. 21, 2013). Nautilus fails to
  retain created bookmarks. If I make a bookmark and then close
  Nautilus, the bookmarks no longer appear when Nautilus is re-opened.
  The issue is always reproducible. The bookmarks are local and on EXT4
  filesystems.

  The bookmark data is still being stored somewhere. When a bookmark is
  created in Nautilus, I can see the bookmark in Nemo (another file-
  manager), even after the bookmarks disappear in Nautilus.

  My system and Nautilus information is below. By the way, I am using
  Nemo 1.8.4

  collier@Nacho-Laptop:/media/collier/PROGRAMMING/Enhance_Shell/trunk$ ./lpbug
nautilus
  Release:      13.10
  Linux 3.11.0-12-generic
  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  OpenGL vendor string:   X.Org
  OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS880
  OpenGL version string:  3.0 Mesa 9.2.1

  Not software rendered:    yes
  Not blacklisted:          yes
  GLX fbconfig:             yes
  GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
  GL npot or rect textures: yes
  GL vertex program:        yes
  GL fragment program:      yes
  GL vertex buffer object:  yes
  GL framebuffer object:    yes
  GL version is 1.4+:       yes

  Unity 3D supported:       yes

  Linux 3.11.0-12-generic #19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:20:46 UTC 2013
  mesa-utils not installed
  unity 7.1.2
  Compiz 0.9.10.2
  Mutter is not installed