I ran into the exact same problem after updating my Kubuntu 12.04 laptop
to 13.10. The password is there in the connection settings, but KDE
Daemon pops up asking for the password over and over.  Connection drops
all the time with that, too. I ended up having to remove network-manager
and replacing it with wicd (which also has a serious bug preventing you
from starting the daemon: https://bugs.launchpad.net/wicd/+bug/1193856).
It's a holy mess, rendering the laptop next to unusable for days.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  NM asks for Wi-Fi password every time I log in, or every minute, if
  "Available to all users" not checked; forgets password too

Status in “gnome-keyring” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  With an up to date (as of 20 Sept) Oneiric beta, I have to re-enter the
wireless password for all of my standard networks every time I log in. Expected
behaviour is that Ubuntu remembers them.  This is a regression from previous
behaviour
  ---
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release amd64 (20101007)
  IpRoute:
   default via 10.45.43.1 dev eth0  proto static
   10.45.43.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.45.43.13
   10.45.43.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.45.43.94
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000
  Keyfiles: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
  Package: network-manager 0.9.0-0ubuntu3
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
  Tags:  oneiric running-unity
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-07 (13 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare