I removed the duplicate status here after a commenter of bug #1169904
seconded my view (comment #17 in that bugreport).

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1169904
   "Save screenshot" dialog window has wrong focus

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  Alt+Print Screen only takes picture of the HUD

Status in “gnome-screenshot” package in Ubuntu:

  In 13.10, pressing "Alt+Print Screen" always takes a screenshot of the
  HUD and not of the active window.

  This was fixed in 13.04, ref. bug number 1072199.

  To replicate:
  1. Start a program such as "gedit".
  2. Press Alt+PrintScreen

  * What happens: gnome-screenshot takes a screenshot of the HUD (due to the
Dash that gets invoked).
  * What should happen: gnome-screenshot should take a screenshot of just the
"gedit" window