Can you run the command

ldd /usr/lib/libhpmud.so.0

and post the output here? Thanks.

Can you also run

locate libhpmud.so

and for every file listed by it run

dpkg -S <file>
ldd <file> | grep smtp

Please posty the output of this here, too.

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  HPLIP crashes missing libnetsnmp.so.15

Status in “hplip” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 13.10, HPLIP 3.13.9 with simple-scan and xsane

  HPLIP crashes when started with diagnostic "ImportError in
  /usr/share/hplip/base/status.py:libnetsnmp.so.15: cannot open shared
  object file: No such file or directory".

  I have tried to remove and reinstall in Ubuntu Software Center but
  that did not make any difference.

  I have tried to dwonload HPLIP 3.13.10, but the download did not
  start.