bug from 2009. Version not more supported.
change status to invalid.

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)
       Status: Triaged => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/357633

Title:
  Unable to send an S/MIME encrypted message to alternative address to a
  person who own a certificate with multiple emails

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  Expired
Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evolution

  Please describe the problem:
  I have a contact whom holds a s/MIME certificate with multiple emails.

  I can send him encrypted messages only to his last listed address in his
  "subject" certificate's.

  
  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Receive/generate a contact certificate with multiple registered emails
  2. Try sending an S/MIME encrypted message to alternative address

  
  Actual results:
  I got this message :
  Could not create message
  Because "Cannot find certificate for '[email protected]'", you may need to select
  different mail options.

  Expected results:
  Evolution should find that I actually have a client certificate that contains
  the e-mail address and encrypt the message.

  Does this happen every time?
  Yes, every time I try to send an encrypted mail to an "alternative" address of
  a Client certificate.

  Other information:
  The field value of incriminated contact certificate subject field contains:
  E = [email protected]
  E = [email protected]
  E = [email protected]
  CN = Test User

  Here, I can send email to [email protected], but others does not.

  -----------------------------------
  Description:  Ubuntu 8.10
  Release:      8.10
  Evolution 2.24.3-0ubuntu1 (In fact I use 2.24.3-0ubuntu2~ppa1, as I've 
patched Evolution for Bug LP#233620)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bug/357633/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to