I think this is what you are looking for.  I am attaching two files one is
without Pulse and the other is with pulse.  Why I have two different logs is
that Pulse does not start without me running pulseaudio -D.  After it starts I
only have analog stereo and surround now.  This started after the ALSA upgrade.
Apparently the version did not upgrade since the information in the earlier
info log and the latest have the same information.  I wonder why ALSA did not
upgrade?
Also, I have noticed that " index 16 " is not in the new info log. And this is
after I added the two index 16 lines.  I have placed the changes in both
locations to be sure.

I also have noticed that there are two HDA-Intel.conf files in two seperate
locations.  I am not sure if this is normal or not.
~$ locate HDA-Intel.conf
/usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf
/usr/src/alsa/alsa-lib-1.0.16/src/conf/cards/HDA-Intel.conf

Could there be a possibility there are other duplicate .conf files for
ALSA and Pulseaudio that could be conflicting with each other?  If so
what other files should I look for.  There are so many things that I
have tried so far to correct this issue, I am also wondering if the
various configuration files and what ever else is used to run ALSA and
Pulseaudio are now corrupted?

** Attachment added: "PulseAudio-not-running__alsa-info.sh"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1249705/+attachment/3907125/+files/PulseAudio-not-running__alsa-info.sh

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  HDMI output not available in 13.10

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  My issue here is with the HDMI output, it is non existent.  I have had no
issues with earlier versions of Ubuntu from 10.x, 12.04 LTS and 13.04.  Even
the original distro which was originally on this HTPC, Susse.
  I have researched all avenues for a remedy to my issue including #ALSA,
#Pulseaudio and #Ubuntu IRCs.
  Some have mention it is possibly a kernel issue. I do have audio via S/PDIF
which is stereo only.

  I did not upgrade the existing version; which most would, I have done a clean
install of Ubuntu 13.10.  Everything is working fine except for my audio
issues.  HDMI output is not showing in either ALSA or Pavucontrol.
  On the previous versions of Ubuntu I had many options of Digital 5.1 surround
ouputs including HDMI.   All that is available now for surround sound is analog
options.

  In the Sound configuration panel I only have Digital Output (S/PDIF)Built-in
Audio and Analog Output Built-in Audio which are only Stereo, HDMI is now
missing in 13.10
  I have tried so many apparent fixes in various forums which included  editing
confg files, uninstalling and reinstalling Alsa-base and Pulseaudio.  I am
surprised that I have any sound out of the S/PDIF Coax or Optical now.
  Thank you for taking the time to look this over.  I am not 100% sure  this is
a bug , but by all the research, suggestions on the IRCs and not having this
issue on previous versions,  I am leaning towards it being a bug.  If you need
any further information please let me know and I will respond asap.

  Here is a link to my system info that was uploaded via alsa-info.sh:
  HTTP://pastebin.com/Mwhwvwxw

  This is the original alsa upload link:
  HTTP://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=ecbcde4ed5874b18b8c18ea54d85ce7033287134

  Here is my system information:
  Release:      13.10
  Kernel-release version
  3.11.0-13-generic
  uname -a string
  Linux HTPC 3.11.0-13-generic #20-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 23 07:38:26 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  HTPC System Info:
  Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
  Memory: 4GiB
  Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
  OS Type: Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit
  Disk: 320 GB
  DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
  Remote: ATI USB RF wireless remote ( Remote Wonder)
  Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
  System formerly a Captiveworks 3000/4000 ATSC and DVB-S Satellite HTPC,
Distro used, Susse