Please attach your xorg.conf to this report, and set the status here
back to new once you have done so.

** Changed in: gimp (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gimp in Ubuntu.

  Gimp doesn't launch

Status in “gimp” package in Ubuntu:

  When I try to launch GIMP, I get following error:
  "X server found. dri2 connection failed!
  Trying to open directly...Device open failed"
  And it closes.
  Searched for that on the internet and didn't find anything. That's the only
app on my PC that crashes in that way.
  It started happening around the upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10.