Its happening for me in 13.10 x86_64. I have to remove and add google
account several times in a week to keep using it.

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  Empathy fails authorization after restart in ubuntu 12.04

Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

   Hi Experts,

  I have ubuntu 12.04 upgraded from 11.xx. I have empathy 3.4.1 installed and
configured to google talk account.
  It works fine for first time, account details are entered in empathy.
  But, let us say i restart my system. Empathy fails to authorization. Even
after i select save password.
  Even after correct password is entered after sysem restart, for empathy it
fails to authorize. again i have delete the account and link the account to
empathy.,Then it works fine.

  I have tried ussing password and keys and deleted empathy account login
details.
  But it is of no use, if i restart my system.
  regards