Public bug reported:

I'm using Impress in LibreOffice 4.1.3.2 and Kubuntu 13.10 (KDE4). Sometimes,
randomly, when I'm preparing a presentation and just try to insert an image,
the program crashes after choosing the file in the file dialog, or in the
moment that the file dialog opens.
The version of my libreoffice-kde (the package I suspect this is related with),
is 1:4.1.3-0ubuntu1

I've followed some instructions found in the web and I'm using the
LibreOffice dialogs, which are ugly compared to KDE UI.

As I've read this post about Gentoo, and maybe it helps:
   http://dilfridge.blogspot.com.es/2013/12/libreoffice-kde-integration.html
it would be great if Kubuntu/Ubuntu team integrates this, or solves the
annoying crash bug in any other way.

  Thanks a lot in advance for your so good work ;)

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Libreoffice Impress crashes when inserting an image

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu: