** Branch linked: lp:~mmcg069/software-center/no-nm-net-detect

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Software Center shows "No network connection" warning when network
  connection is actually established

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  Software Center shows "No network connection" warning when there are
  actually a network connection.

  It probably relies on Network Manager for it. But I don't use Network
  Manager. In the past six years, it never worked for me. Not when I was
  on dial-up, not when I used DSL, not when I use wireless now.

  Can Software Center take more smart approach, and actually try *using*
network. If that fails, it should properly handle errors.
  Because when there is no network connection, but Network Manager tells it is
there, you should properly handle errors anyway.

  Package: software-center 4.1.23.3
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64