Yeah but that can fail for any number of reasons, even things in unity.

Can you confirm this on x86 with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 set in the
environment? That should force a fallback on llvmpipe.

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Unity continuous-integration fails in armhf due possibly to a libegl
  issue

Status in “mesa” package in Ubuntu:

  Since mesa 10.0 has been released, our Unity continuous-integration
  tests are failing on armhf builds.  This is a snippet of the log:

  libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  The log can be found here for reference:
  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Trusty/view/All/job/unity-trusty-
  armhf-ci/56/console

  I don't have the core file or have access to an armhf machine to
  reproduce, so I'm only going on evidence based on the warning and the
  timing of the issue.

  *Note* This is blocking automerging of Unity code, so this issue is
  pretty critical.