*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1227440 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1227440
Hello, I can confirm this. I tried creating a LUKS+Ext4 partition on an
external hard-drive, using the nautilus integration. I am on Ubuntu 13.10,
64-bit.
I am able to:
- select the drive (to select "Format...")
- select the filesystem type (LUKS+Ext4)
- choose a password
- re-enter it correctly
- click on the "Format" box.
A dialog then tells me that if I proceed all the data in the disk will
be lost (as it should be), so I proceed. But then, nothing happens! No
error dialog, no confirmation dialog, nothing whatsoever...
However, using the gnome disk utilities I have no problem, and the
formatting is a success.
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1244899
Title:
the format, it does nothing!
Status in “gnome-disk-utility” package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
I recently bought a new USB thumb drive, and popped it in to my
computer to LUKS it up. I clicked the little "eject" sigil next to
its name in nautilus, and then right-clicked on its sidebar entry and
chose "format". I get asked all the relevant information, and I click
format. Then I confirm.
The rest is silence.
I'm not sure why nothing happens, exactly, but I can't find any new
icons on my unity dock thingy, can't find any mkfs processes running,
and in fact basically the request to format seems to have actually
been completely ignored.
Same thing happens when I choose pure ext4 without the LUKS crypto.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
Package: nautilus 1:3.8.2-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-12.19-generic 3.11.3
Uname: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
Date: Sat Oct 26 09:27:57 2013
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
GsettingsChanges:
b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'geometry' b"'813x712+153+124'"
b'org.gnome.nautilus.window-state' b'sidebar-width' b'197'
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: nautilus
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-09-17 (38 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-disk-utility/+bug/1244899/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp