I can confirm this bug on Arch Linux with KDE 4.11.4.

Killing akonadi_control, akonadiserver and mysqld processes and
restarting akonadi afterwards let akonadi run fine until the next reboot
:)

Packages, which is subscribed to akonadi in Ubuntu.

  After Upgrade to Kubuntu 13.10 akondai fails to register at d-bus
  session, making kde-pim suit unusable

Status in Akonadi - The PIM Storage Service:
  Unknown
Status in “akonadi” package in Ubuntu:

  Upon opening Kontact akonadi is supposed to be loaded but fails with
  the following error: Akonadi fails to register at d-bus session.

  I safed the self-test protocoll of the akonadi server and attached the
  report.

  I already deleted all my akonadi config files but it did not resolve
  the error.