** Package changed: kdebase (Ubuntu) => gvfs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  gvfs incorrect mime types integration into Kubuntu

Status in “gvfs” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  Distro: Kubuntu 11.10 64-Bits

  I think there is an incorrect integration of gvfs in Kubuntu (or KDE?),
essentially cuz the support of mime types is not taken into account.

  For example,

  :~$ gvfs-mime
  Error parsing commandline options: Specify one of --query and --set

  Try "gvfs-mime --help" for more information.

  and

  :~$ gvfs-open trash://
  gvfs-open: trash:///: error opening location: No application is registered as
handling this file

  It seems the package 'desktop-file-utils' is not installed by default and it
seems it is the package handling mime types via the use of
'update-desktop-database'. Maybe GVFS should have as a dependency
'desktop-file-utils'?

  Even after installing the package and launching 'update-desktop-
  database', there are some problems, cuz the applications' priority
  order has not been defined, therefore it opens up 'trash://' with a
  different application than the File Manager (in my case it opened it
  up with GwenView, instead of Dolphin).

  I will give a try in Kubuntu 12.10 this w-e and see if the problem is
persistent.

  tnx!