** Description changed:

+ Hi
+
  In raring with Unity and nemo 1.7.2 installed from App Center and set as the
system file manager, launching a second file (or a third one and so on) for the
same application, e.g. txt files to gedit or pictures to eye of gnome image
viewer 3.6.2, will trigger a busy/hourglass cursor for 15s.
+ This also happens when I launch right-click the nemo icon to launch a
quicklist item to a home subfolder.
  This won't happen when files are opened from terminal or Alt+F2.
  This won't happen when 2 or more pdf files are launched from nemo to evince.
+
+ Searching info on this I discovered I also have the same old cursor issue
triggered when opening a second file in gedit, which is said to be fixed, maybe
only for nautilus??? I can't decide.
+ (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/792227 )
+
+ The tweaked ~/.local/share/applications/nemo.desktop file:
+ [Desktop Entry]
+ Icon=folder_home
+ StartupNotify=false
+ Exec=nemo %U
+ X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version=1.7.2
+ Comment[fr]=Accéder aux fichiers et les organiser
+ Type=Application
+ Categories=GNOME;GTK;Utility;Core;
+ Comment=Access and organize files
+ Terminal=false
+ X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=nemo
+ Actions=Action0;Action1;Action2;Action3
+ MimeType=inode/directory;application/x-gnome-saved-search;
+ Name=Files
+ X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
+ X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=general
+ OnlyShowIn=GNOME;Unity;
+ Name[fr]=Fichiers
+
+ [Desktop Action Action2]
+ Exec=nemo Images
+ Name=Images
+ Name[fr_FR]=Images
+
+ [Desktop Action Action0]
+ Exec=nemo Musique
+ Name=Musique
+ Name[fr_FR]=Musique
+
+ [Desktop Action Action1]
+ Exec=nemo Documents
+ Name=Documents
+ Name[fr_FR]=Documents
+
+ [Desktop Action Action3]
+ Exec=nemo Vidéos
+ Name=Vidéos
+ Name[fr_FR]=Vidéos
+
+ I'm not really sure if the nemo quicklist and gedit both triggering the
+ busy cursor for exactly 15s are related.

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Launching more than 2 files from nemo triggers busy cursor for 15s

Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi

  In raring with Unity and nemo 1.7.2 installed from App Center and set as the
system file manager*, launching a second file (or a third one and so on) for
the same application, e.g. txt files to gedit or pictures to eye of gnome image
viewer 3.6.2, will trigger a busy/hourglass cursor for 15s.
  This also happens when I launch right-click the nemo icon to launch a
quicklist item to a home subfolder.
  This won't happen when files are opened from terminal or Alt+F2.
  This won't happen when 2 or more pdf files are launched from nemo to evince.

  Searching info on this I discovered I also have the same old cursor issue
triggered when opening a second file in gedit, which is said to be fixed, maybe
only for nautilus??? I can't decide.
  (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/792227 )

  *with this command:
  xdg-mime default nemo.desktop inode/directory application/x-gnome-saved-search