Martin Pichna, this bug was reported a while ago and there hasn't been
any activity in it recently. We were wondering if this is still an
issue? If so, could you please test for this with the latest development
release of Ubuntu? ISO images are available from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ .

If it remains an issue, could you please run the following command in
the development release from a Terminal
(Applications->Accessories->Terminal), as it will automatically gather
and attach updated debug information to this report:

apport-collect -p xorg <replace-with-bug-number>

Thank you for your understanding.

Helpful bug reporting tips:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReportingBugs

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Dell e6420 - monitor frequency issue

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello guys,

  colleague and I have Dell e6420 (identical HW) and we're both running
  UBUNTU 12.04. We've noticed we can't focus on the monitor due to the
  noticeable blinking (seems like the refresh frequency is not 60 Hz -
  you can see in xrandr output that it's set though). This is very
  evident when the background is gray/black (basically happens on darker
  colours - or it's more evident). I know this is very difficult to
  describe, but colleague and I think that this could be the driver that
  runs our graphical card...As you can notice from the outputs this
  laptop has 2nd GC - NVIDIA, however I read that it's not recommended
  to use NVIDIA on UBUNTU (not so well supported). Do you think you
  could help us to fix this issue?

  mpichna@mpichna-ntb:~/data$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.04

  All other system info - see attached.