** Attachment added: "LibreOfficeRoundingIssues.ods"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1261048/+attachment/3942054/+files/LibreOfficeRoundingIssues.ods

** Description changed:

  I am using Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS and within that LibreOffice 3.5.7.2, Build
  ID: 350m1(Build:2). This report concerns LibreOffice Calc; functions
  roundup, rounddown, trunc, ceiling, floor, int, even and odd.

  Let y=power(2,50)+1 and please note that all integers up to power(2,53)
  are exactly representable. Therefore I expect that rounding y to integer
  will return y exactly, for any of the functions roundup, rounddown,
  trunc, ceiling, floor and int. I also expect that even(y)=y+1 and
  odd(y)=y.

  Actual results: functions roundup(y,0), rounddown(y,0), trunc(y,0),
  ceiling(y,1), floor(y,1) and int(y) all return y+5. Moreover, even(y)=y
  and odd(y)=y+6 according to Calc.

  (Note that the second argument to roundup, rounddown and trunc indicates
  number of places behind the decimal symbol and the second argument to
  ceiling and floor indicates the unit.)

  There are similar problems with these rounding functions when rounding
  to some number (>0) of places behind the decimal symbol.

- I have placed a *.ods spreadsheet that shows the issues in two places
- for public access:
+ Example:
+
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1261048/+attachment/3942054/+files/LibreOfficeRoundingIssues.ods

- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36cHU4sR7HmS25tcXh5WTg1Q1U/edit?usp=sharing
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy0hzgginny4fuc/LibreOfficeRoundingIssues.ods
- ---
+ ---
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20130820.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  Package: libreoffice 1:3.5.7-0ubuntu5
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
-  TERM=xterm
-  PATH=(custom, no user)
-  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
+  TERM=xterm
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-35.50~precise1-generic 3.8.13.13
  Tags:  precise running-unity
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-35-generic i686
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo

  Wrong results from rounding functions for large argument

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

[...]

  Example:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1261048/+attachment/3942054/+files/LibreOfficeRoundingIssues.ods

  ---