http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/

rather than the Ubuntu one please.

Ubuntu won't be using xfwm4 ;)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  xfwm4 may show display distortions, when using compositing on intel
  with sna

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Since sna acceleration of the intel display driver is enabled by default, I
see two types of display distortions from time to time:
  i) windows have some times stippled borders,
  ii) xfce4-terminal shows distortions, when switching windows with alt+tab
(view attachment).
  To reproduce it, open two terminals run some commands to fill them with text
and switch between them via alt+tab a few times.

  I've found following workarounds to prevent this from happening:
  - switch to uxa via xorg.conf
  or
  - disable compositing in xfwm4
  - replace xfwm4 with another wm (tested with mutter, metacity)

  Details:
  Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 7)
  xserver-xorg-video- intel: 2.21.6-0ubuntu4
  xfwm4: 4.10.0-4ubuntu1
  xfce4-terminal: 0.6.1-0ubuntu2