I no longer own this laptop so I can't confirm if the issue still exists
or not.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/675038

Title:
  Screen Flickers, sometimes Unable to use computer

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xorg

  I have a ATI Radeon X1400. I tried installing the drivers via synaptic
  and even after they were installed the problem still persist. (Removed
  the old drivers too and left the Radeon ones) I have had this issue
  since Ubuntu 10.04. I never had any problems with Ubuntu until the day
  I upgraded. I know it isn't my hardware because I have no issues with
  Windows.

  I found a temporary solution. Whenever my video starts flickering or
  jumping if I suspend the laptop and then  bring it back to life the
  screen straightens out.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  Package: xorg 1:7.5+6ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.33-generic 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  DRM.card0.LVDS.1:
   status: connected
   enabled: enabled
   dpms: On
   modes: 1440x900 1280x854 1280x800 1280x720 1152x768 1024x768 800x600 848x480 
720x480 640x480
   edid-base64: 
AP///////wAyDADEAAAAAAAQAQOAIRV4CunVmVlTjigmUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBqyKgoFCEGjAwIDYAS88QAAAYqyKgoFCEGjAwIDYAS88QAAAAAAAA/gBQWTY1NAAxNTRXUDEKAAAA/gAQKDA4WIC4/wIBCiAgABs=
  DRM.card0.VGA.1:
   status: disconnected
   enabled: disabled
   dpms: On
   modes: 
   edid-base64:
  Date: Sat Nov 13 17:54:00 2010
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  GdmLog2: Error: command ['gksu', '-D', 'Apport', '--', 'cat', 
'/var/log/gdm/:0.log.2'] failed with exit code 1: cat: /var/log/gdm/:0.log.2: 
No such file or directory
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
  MachineType: Dell Inc. MM061
  ProcCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-generic 
root=UUID=ed3a9cf6-7d5d-464c-b0a8-c515975c67ff ro quiet splash
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: xorg
  Symptom: display
  dmi.bios.date: 06/13/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: A17
  dmi.board.name: 0XD720
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.chassis.type: 8
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvrA17:bd06/13/2007:svnDellInc.:pnMM061:pvr:rvnDellInc.:rn0XD720:rvr:cvnDellInc.:ct8:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: MM061
  dmi.sys.vendor: Dell Inc.
  glxinfo: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  system:
   distro:             Ubuntu
   codename:           maverick
   architecture:       i686
   kernel:             2.6.35-22-generic

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/675038/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to