I get the same using Ubuntu 13.10 and running Flwm over Xnest:

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  4751
X I/O error
xterm: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) or KillClient on X
server ":1"

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  XNEST crashes in X_PolyFillRectangle with error config/hal:
  NewInputDeviceRequest failed

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xnest

  I run a headless server that I log into using Terminal Server Client
  with XNEST via XDMCP. The server is running Hardy, the machine I
  connect from is running Intrepid. Ever since I upgraded my main
  workstation to Intrepid I have had this problem:

  Xnest randomly crashes within five minutes of connecting to the
  headless server. The following error message pops up:

  Could not init font path elements /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing
from list!
  (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
  (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
  (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
  (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
  (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
  X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
    Resource id in failed request: 0x0
    Serial number of failed request: 79841

  I suspect this is a problem with the XNEST that ships with Intrepid,
  since it has only started happening after the upgrade.

  [lspci]
  00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: VIA Technologies, Inc. CN700/VN800/P4M800CE/Pro
Host Bridge [1106:0314]
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. CN700/VN800/P4M800CE/Pro Host Bridge
[1106:0314]
  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc RV530LE
[Radeon X1600/X1650 PRO] [1002:71c6]
        Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Device [174b:0850]