> No, you should bug your downstream to backport the above mentioned patch to
> 4.1 and ship a new libreoffice update (probably what they are doing anyway
> with the imminent bump to 4.1.4.2.

^ I can only repeat myself. If the downstream maintainers are unaware of
your trouble, they can't do anything about it. The patch is easily
backported to 4.1 branch, Gentoo has done it, Debian and Fedora can as
well.

  [KUBUNTU] Calc freezes screen when using drag-and-drop on cells

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Fix Released
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Debian:

  Dragging  selected cells causes screen to freeze in KDE

  Steps to reproduce:
  Open a spreadsheet with Calk.
  Select a group of cells with mouse.
  Drag selected cells.

  Outcome:
  Screen freezes, cells not moved. Mouse is still responsive, but
typing/clicking does not work. Usually, switching to a vt then back will clear
this freeze.

  Reproducibility:
  100%

  Using the right-click context menu or keyboard shortcuts for moving
  selected cells works as expected.

  Removal of the package libreoffice-kde fixes this at the expense of
  the look-and-feel the package provides.

  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:4.1.2~rc3-0ubuntu1