This problem only occured while I had my ATI video.

Unfortunately, I not longer have this card (I've now got an nvidia
instead). So unfortunately I can no longer test this.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  screen saver kicks in even if activity

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-ati” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg

  In 10.04, with DVI-D output, the screen saver often kicks in even
  while typing, or mousing away.

  Another keystroke then wakes it up again. Mouse movements don't.
  ---
  MachineType: System manufacturer System Product Name
  Package: xorg 1:7.5+5ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcCmdLine: root=/dev/md4 ro
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US
   SHELL=/bin/zsh
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-21.32-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Tags: lucid lucid
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-21-generic x86_64
  UserGroups: adm admin audio cdrom cvs dialout dip floppy kqemu kvm lpadmin
netdev plugdev powerdev sambashare scanner video
  dmi.bios.date: 03/07/2007
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
  dmi.bios.version: ASUS M2A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision 0302
  dmi.board.name: M2A-VM
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
  dmi.board.version: 1.XX
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: 123456789000
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologies,LTD:bvrASUSM2A-VMACPIBIOSRevision0302:bd03/07/2007:svnSystemmanufacturer:pnSystemProductName:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKComputerINC.:rnM2A-VM:rvr1.XX:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.name: System Product Name
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: System manufacturer
  glxinfo: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  system:
   distro:             Ubuntu
   codename:           lucid
   architecture:       x86_64